Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Case Study Blog

I have examined all of the case study's throughout our class this year and have found most of them very interesting. However, I assumed that actually performing a case study would be mindnumingly boring and extremely tedious. I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. I did my case study over the representation of different races in magazine advertising. I knew going into it that I was going to see way more white people than anything else, but the results shocked me. I suddenly noticed how interested in it I actually was when I kept turning page after page, and putting tallymarks next to "white" as fast as I could mark them. I'm very glad that we got the opportunity to do something like this rather than sitting at a desk filling out a scantron. Thanks for a great semister!

No comments: